2023 CHAPTER NEWS/EVENTS
Chapter Officers (2021-2023)
- Emmanouil (Manos) Sakiotis, Chapter President, firstname.lastname@example.org
- J. Chris Coureas, Chapter Vice-President, email@example.com
- Thomas Pantelides, Chapter Treasurer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ted Vergakis, Chapter Secretary, email@example.com
- Mike Douklias, Chairman of the Board, firstname.lastname@example.org
2022 Chapter News/Highlights
- November 2022 Annual Seniors Thanksgiving Luncheon: On November 22, the Chapter held its Annual Thanksgiving Luncheon for seniors of our community. Everyone came with an appetetite and enjoyed the traditional Thanksgiving fixings prepared by Brother Chris Coureas and his helpers: Steve Webb, Nick Webb, Ted Papafil, and Tom Pantelides.
- October 2022 “OXI Day” Luncheon: On Sunday, October 30, in celebration of “OXI Day” October 28, 1940, our Chapter provided, prepared, and served lunch to over 180 parishioners at the Annunciation Cathedral’s Hellenic Center. The “OXI Day” marks the day when the Greek prime minister rejected an ultimatum given by the Italian dictator Benito Mussolini during World War II.
- October 2022 Greek Oyster Roast: On October29, 200+ members and guests attended and enjoyed the event which included all you can eat oysters (raw, steamed, fried), chicken souvlaki, clam chowder, salad, beer, and wine. The weather was great, which allowed grownups and kids to enjoy the games that were provided for everyone. The price of the tickets also included raffle tickets for more than two dozen prizes. Half of the proceeds of the annual Oyster Roast event support and help those in need in our community.
- June 2022 Scholarship Dinner: The 25th Annual Scholarship Dinner was held on June 22 at the lodge. The event was well attended and everyone enjoyed a fine dinner prepared by Brother Chris Coureas, and we honored the 9 scholarship recipients that were awarded a total of $16,000 in scholarships.
- June 2022 Norfolk Tides Baseball: On June 4, the Chapter took a break to attend a Norfolk Tides baseball game versus the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp. Many brothers and family members enjoyed the high scoring game, and were treated to some fireworks after the game.
2023 Upcoming Events
- March General Meeting: March 1, 2023 @6:30pm, @AHEPA Lodge
- March Board Meeting: March 15, 2023 @6:30pm, @AHEPA Lodge
- April General Meeting: April 5, 2023 @6:30pm, @AHEPA Lodge
- April Board Meeting: April 19, 2023 @6:30pm, @AHEPA Lodge
Order of AHEPA, Norfolk, Chapter 122, Norfolk, VA
Founded November 2, 1926 – Celebrating Our 95th Anniversary
The mission of AHEPA is to promote the ancient Greek ideals of Education, Philanthropy, Civic Responsibility, and Family and Individual Excellence through community service and volunteerism.
AHEPA (American Hellenic Educational Progressive Association) was founded in 1922 in Atlanta, Georgia, to protect individuals from the evils of bigotry and discrimination. The Order of AHEPA, is the largest and oldest grassroots association of American citizens of Greek heritage and Philhellenes with more than 400 chapters across the United States, Canada, Greece and Cyprus.
How Can I Make A Donation?
At this time, donations can be safely sent electronically to email@example.com through ZELLE. Please check with your banking institution. We are currently in the process creating the site to accept donations.
Can I Write Off My Donation On My Taxes?
YES… Please email us for further information
How Can I Volunteer My Time?
Please send us an email for volunteer opportunities